Tonsillitis treatment depends on the cause of tonsillitis so it is important to obtain an accurate diagnosis from your doctor to get the appropriate treatment. As we said before, tonsillitis may be caused by a viral infection or bacterial infection. In this article, we will mention the treatment of viral and bacterial infections and some home remedies that relieve and reduce pain.
1) Tonsillitis treatment caused by a viral infection H2
Most patients have tonsillitis caused by a viral infection so tonsillitis treatment will be by using medicines that are taken to reduce and relieve symptoms such as OTC drugs( over the counter) such as
- analgesics such as paracetamol or ibuprofen to relieve pain.
- When you treat your child with otc painkillers, you should choose the appropriate type and adjust the dose you use for him, and ask your pharmacist about the dose.
- Don’t use aspirin if your child is under 16 years old.
- You can use over-the-counter drugs such as lozenges, oral sprays, and gargling with an antiseptic solution, all can relieve the painful sore throat.
Most cases can get better within a week without taking any treatment