Spirulina benefits are several include:
- Good source of nutrients
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
- Decreases cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Reserves LDL cholesterol from oxidation
- Anti-cancer effects
- Decrease blood pressure
- Refines symptoms of allergic rhinitis
- Treating anemia
- Enhances muscle strength and endurance.
- Control of blood sugar
- Supporting the immune system
- Keep your mouth and eyes healthy
In this article, we will mention each benefit of spirulina in detail.
I want to quickly mention what is spirulina
Spirulina is a kind of algae that has many health benefits due to its antioxidant effects and it contains various nutrients.
Spirulina is one of the most popular supplements used worldwide.
Spirulina is characterized by its blue-green color.
Spirulina is considered one of the oldest supplements on the earth.
Spirulina benefits are: H2
1) Good source of nutrients H3
It is considered one of the spirulina benefits, this alga is an organism that can grow in both salt and freshwater.
It is a type of cyanobacteria that belongs to single-celled microbes. It is a blue-green alga.
It likes plants and produces energy from sunlight through the photosynthesis process.
Spirulina was commonly used among Aztecs but now it became popular again when NASA said it could be grown in space and used by astronauts.
As we said, spirulina is a good source of nutrients. A tablespoon( 7 grams)
- Protein about 4 grams
- Iron represents 11% of the daily value.
- Copper represents 47% of the daily value.
- Thiamin( vitamin B1) represents 14% of the daily value.
- Magnesium, manganese, and potassium are in decent amounts.
- Carbohydrates less than 2 grams.
- Riboflavin( vitamin B2) represents 20% of the daily value.
- Niacin( vitamin B3) represents 6% of the daily value.
- Fat but in a small amount of about 1 gram per tbsp( 7g), contains both omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids in a ratio of 1-1.5.
- It contains vitamin B12 but in the form of pseudovitamin B12 which is not absorbable in humans and has no effect in humans.
7 grams of spirulina or a tablespoon gives you 20 calories.
Spirulina is considered an excellent source of proteins and contains all the amino acids your body needs.